Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Monday, September 11

I painted this watercolor painting "Looking Up to Old Glory" just days after 9/11/01. I felt scared, anxious for what would come next in our country. My husband was on an aircraft carrier in the Gulf and I had not spoken (really emailed) with him since the morning of 9/11, I watched the news 24 hours a day hoping to catch word of his ship and find out where he was. To this day when I look at this painting and think about our world then, I get so emotional I can't control my tears. On this day, I keep all the families that lost a loved one or dear friend close to my heart -- and will look to Old Glory for comfort. #neverforget


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2gYGySC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.