Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, March 9

Dreams in Black + White

Last week I shared a project in my Instagram feed and had quite a lot of requests for a how-to post - so here it is.

I started out with a piece of Strathmore 140 lb. Mixed Media Paper, a Black Media Mister from DecoArt and a white opaque pen from Recollections.


The first step is to spray the entire sheet of paper with the Media Mister. I used black because I love the contrast of the dark background with the white ink, but you can use any combination of colors.


I sprayed 2 coats and let them dry completely in between coats before moving on to the next step.


Here's a great tip for you: it's important to remove the nozzle from the Media Mister bottle and clean it when you are done spraying for the day or session. If I'm not going to be spraying for half an hour or so I'll clean between applications.

The nozzle easily pops off the bottle and I take it to the sink and run cold water over it. When the water runs clean I blow air threw it (with my mouth, like I'm blowing up a balloon) to remove any residual paint from the nozzle. This absolutely keeps it from clogging the next time you want to use it.


When the black paint is dry I use a light pencil to draw a design on the paper.


And then I use the White Opaque Pen from Recollections and trace over my pencil lines.










This page was simple and easy to create, but super fun to watch the design come out on the black - and it has a HUGE wow factor. The next thing I'm going to do is experiment with colored pencils to add some color to my design and see how they cover over the black.

Thanks for dropping by, have a great WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.