Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Sunday, August 10

The Paint Bar

I recently went to The Paint Bar in Newton, Massachusetts with a few friends to see how much fun it can be.


It's a great space filled with art and light. I was surprised that they had over 60 people in there the afternoon we signed up. I told myself I would follow directions and make the painting that was being taught.


I also painted with my Right Hand (I'm a leftie) for most of the time.



My vow to follow directions lasted for about 10 minutes, LoL.


Above is my friend Chris, below my friend Mimi -- both intent on getting the details just right.


We had a good time, even if I wasn't feeling that great.


My painting, above. It's still in my car. The demo flowers were pansies and I decided to make irises -- and I added some sgraffito details here and there.



And the three of us with our paintings. We had a great time, and it was fun being a student after a weekend of teaching them! If you haven't taken a Paint Bar, Wine and Paint or that type of instructional quickie class -- I do recommend it. It's a great way to make art and not have to think about the details -- you just do what the gal tells you to.


Thanks for dropping by, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.