Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, May 1

Throwback Thursday -- Art Journaling!

This blast from the past is from May, 2012 -- I thought some of my newer readers would enjoy seeing some of my earlier art journaling. Looks like I am feeling the same way this year as I did last year, maybe it's my process of shrugging off the long winter. I'll have to look at other years and see.

I have had a lot of things on my plate for a while now, juggling this that and the other thing. Add to that feeling like I am living on a roller coaster of my emotions and internal struggles, self-doubt -- lack of this and that -- and I have felt a little on the crummy side lately -- like a little hermit. and a lot on the crabby side.
 
There is something to be said for making art in the mayhem of life. It soothes me, comforts me, gets me through it all. 
Each pencil line, brush stroke, inked leaf is like a light that lifts me. Lifts me and lightens my heart.
the bright colors and pretty flowers that come from inside my head satisfy and heal me, making me feel 100% confident that everything will be ok. in the end. 
confirming to me that there is definitely a LOT of comfort in making art. 
Certain areas of each painting and piece of art I create are little spots of happiness. I don't know about you, but little spots here and there really please me. 
 --------------------------------------------

If you like this post, you should check out the two art journaling classes I'm offering at Merrymeeting Art House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.