Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, May 5

Going Back....to My Roots!

I made this when I was in high school. I don't remember the assignment -- that was nearly 30 years ago but I do remember how I made it. I also remember how excited I was as the image started to take shape and how I couldn't wait to work on it everyday and how proud of myself I was when it was complete.

This is a piece of muslin that I drew the flower and butterfly on. then I painted the design with procion dies. When the painting was complete I washed it and machine quilted it. Can you see a little bit of what I do now in what I did in the mid-80's? I can!


I think we always return to the things that we are passionate about. For many years after high school and at various times in my life I've put no brush or pencil to paper to create art and during those years I always felt like something was missing from my life. An emptiness I guess.

On days when I don't find or make time to draw or do something creative I feel crabby and rushed. But when I draw and paint and color everything feels right with the world.

I'm going to try and find some other pieces of art that I created during my high school years and share them.....I think they are still at my Mother's house.

Have a great day, thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You've come full circle back to something that made you happy when you first started creating!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.