Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, September 18

Finding Inspiration in the Strangest Places

I think it's safe to say that everyone is inspired by life and the fleeting images that pass by them each day differently. What may spark something inside your heart might not spark the same thing in mine. Take for instance the image that I saw on Pinterest. A beautiful arrangement of cheese, wine. bread. olive oil. Some kinda nut. herbs. It's beautiful in every way possible.

bio10

It's simply a beautiful image -- but I wasn't inspired by the food nor did it make me hungry. Now - put some chocolate truffles or cake in a photo and I'd be starving, ha ha.

Life 6

What I saw in my head was a beautiful composition that I could use for an art journal page. While I have put my own flair on the design, the photograph really spoke to me in a way that I don't think the photographer intended. (If you click on the photo you'll go to her beautiful blog -- so much inspiration and gorgeous food photography there!)

Here are a few close-ups of the journaling -- because I've been feeling really angry about a lot of things that are out of my control lately I thought a different train of thought would help me not be that way.
Finding Inspiration: Life Art Journal page by Catherine Scanlon www.catherinescanlon.com

I used my new Caran D'Ache colored pencils for this page. This 30 pencil set has the most gorgeous colors.... LOVE it so much.
 Finding Inspiration: Life Art Journal page by Catherine Scanlon www.catherinescanlon.com 
 I think my favorite is laugh until it hurts. We don't laugh enough some days.  Finding Inspiration: Life Art Journal page by Catherine Scanlon www.catherinescanlon.com

The journaling was done with my Dip Pen with a 512 Nib and black Calligraphy Ink. Finding Inspiration: Life Art Journal page by Catherine Scanlon www.catherinescanlon.com Finding Inspiration: Life Art Journal page by Catherine Scanlon www.catherinescanlon.com

While I don't sing out loud at home,  I do whenever I'm alone in the car.

I hope I have inspired you to look at your world with brand new eyes! Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this inspirational post. You made my day. :-) Not only do I like the positive quotes but the way you used the composition from the photo. Your coloring like usual is gorgeous. I love those colors you used. I'm going to have to check out those pencils as I don't have such vibrant color pencils.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.