Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, June 5

ready to take flight...

 
I started this crazy career I have paper-crafting, mostly scrap booking for myself and family. It quickly dawned on me that I could realize a career doing what I love -- and before I knew it I worked for one of the leading (the leading, not sure) tool and embellishment companies in the industry. Pinch me, really. It seemed so unreal and fantastic to me the first assignment I received for 10 12x12 scrapbook pages for CHA, January 2005 (maybe it was 2004) -- can't remember that far back, LOL. I just remember how excited and nervous I was to make them -- and then waiting to hear back if they were ok. That was definitely a LONG few days.  

As the years have come and gone, my love for paper-crafting has only grown. So has my experience. I remember the first StampingUp party I went to and had never used a stamp before in my life. It felt so awkward and I was SOOooooOOOoooo bad at it -- for a very long time I was bad at it. VersaMark -- what the heck is that. ha ha.

Now it feels natural to stamp up a storm and create a quick card -- or 8 in an evening or two using StaZon and VersaMark and Glimmer Mist and and and and you name it I'm gonna use it. 

I'm not nervous anymore.
Now that I'm done reminiscing -- let me share this fun card I finished up yesterday. I combined two of my many favorite things: pink and butterflies. oh and doilies. spellbinders. stamps. my sewing machine. and my Heidi Swapp paper.  hmmm, it might be safe to say that I love everything except peas, liver and knitting.
 
Look at this sweet stack of cards ready to be assembled.
and butterflies, stamped and fussy cut using my favorite fussy scissors from Martha Stewart -- they are ready to take flight on my pretty pink and teal cards.
it didn't take long to get them all assembled, production style and ready for some stitching.
No card is complete in my mind without quick trip around with my sewing machine here and there. :-) cards and scrapbook pages just seem so much better to me with some sewing.
All ready to send out to my swappers. I sure hope they like them -- plus a few extras for my card box -- just in case I should need one.
That's what I did yesterday -- and Sunday night. It sure was fun. I haven't been spending much time making paper crafts of late -- but I do plan to now that I've got a little down-time. It has also been a great time of reflection -- thinking about where I started and where I'm going. Where -- I don't know -- but I'm sure it will be exciting. Hopefully you'll come along for the ride. 

Thanks for stopping by today -- have a wonderful Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Catherine, beautiful artwork you create everyday...congrats on your journey, you are a fuzzy cutter whoo I love to fuzzy cut...love your card, wow those butterflies are fabulous...are they a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah I want to be in a swap with you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.