Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, April 4

Your Coffee is ready...

Last week my niece spent the day here with me -- she was sick and I was home so it was a wonderful solution to her being home alone. She's a very creative girl -- loves to draw, scrapbook, knit -- pretty much any craft. I totally LOVE that. 

Anyway, while she laid on the couch I let her play with my iPad. I only told her she coudln't check my email -- and gave her no other limitations. She didn't even ask how to work anything -- she just got to it. The next time I picked my up iPad to look for a photo in my Gallery, I found these pretty images.

 
They were done with a program called Percolator. 
 

Percolator is like ScratchCam and I think Instragram. Load a photo and then go to town making it purty. These are all photographs I've taken or pages from my art journal.
 

You can make a few adjustments here and there -- dot size, saturation (I think) black or white background. 

I love how the program simplifies your design and turns it  into dots percolates it  -- be STILL my beating heart. A dude at the Mac Store told me about it as he was oggling the custom leather Lego Ipod Case I made for my boy for Christmas. Thank you Dude -- I'm not sure quite why I haven't played with this app before -- but I am definitely going to from now on.


Please don't ask me to pick a favorite -- I can't -- because I love them all! Well, that's it for art that I'll be sharing today -- maybe I'll get some Art Journal time tonight ;-) Thanks for stopping by -- have a GREAT day -- it is HUMP Day and the end of Mercury being in Retrograde after all.

4 comments:

  1. I have to download that App. NEED coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks fun Catherine! and fantastically different pictures.

    I am amazed that my 15 month old grandson can switch on his dad's i-pad and unlock his page! Perhaps I;ll get him started on this app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this APP and your niece's play with it.
    Awesome art, from both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.