Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, April 19

On Creativity


We had a glorious 3 days in Bar Harbor -- hotel was fantastic -- weather was better than fantastic -- food -- company -- Acadia -- it was wonderful to get away from the hum-drum of home and get some Mom time with my boy.

I worked on this page a little -- mostly the inking part -- while we were away and did some drawing on a few more pages -- so all I need to do for them is add the color -- the magic part.
 
I tried really hard to stay off my iPad and iPhone -- except when we were settled into the hotel at night -- and when I woke up in the morning -- I also took a few minutes here and there to post pictures on Facebook for my husband to see since he couldn't come with us.
I am a firm believer in time away from art doing other things is great for creativity. While I don't often take the time to do other things  -- I have a tendency to over-commit -- I still believe it is good to take a break and do something different once in a while.
Everyone needs to re-new and refresh -- and what better way to do that than in a beautiful place like Acadia National Park with great company like my kiddo??

 

 We laughed, relaxed, I didn't spend any time worring about impending deadlines or the endless to-do lists -- I had a great time. Exactly what I needed since I've been REALLY busy the last several months.
 
I'm home now and ready to get back down to business -- get that to-do list scratched out -- I'm already planning our next little re-new and re-fresh time away! 

On to the business of art, I really love the way this art journal page came out -- bright and colorful with an inspirational message. The perfect combination! 


Hope you had a great week -- thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I sound like a broken record but this is GORGEOUS!!! Glad your mini-vacation was good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, love your lettering. And love Arcadia and Bar Harbor...got to get back up there sometime. Hope you are doing well.

    c

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.