Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, September 9

Is it really almost FALL?

I found this leaf in the driveway on the first day of school last week. Yes, I tweaked the color just a tad in Photoshop! I can hardly believe that fall really is -- for all intents and purposes -- right here. Even though Maine declared a heat wave last week. Even though our pool wasn't installed until July 9th. Even though I'm not ready, it will still come on like a lion.

As I was driving home from town on Saturday I glanced up into the fringe of trees that rimmed the road and saw one beautiful red leaf in a sea of green. Yes, a second confirmation that it is coming.

As I put on my pajama's last night I reached for my flannels because it was just a little chilly - and had a cup of tea while I watched TV.

sigh.

I'm not really ready for cold weather yet. Even though it is as beautiful as spring.

As Albert Camus said, "Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is a flower."

Thanks for stopping by....

3 comments:

  1. Fall is my fav!!!! Love the colors-beautiful leave-a sign of something awesome-me too I am not ready for cold weather-love that saying leaf is a flower-never thought of that...thanks for sharing

    peggy lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran a little heat in the car on the way into work this morning. I did not want to dogs to be chilled (yeah right!). Love the colors and the "smell" of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite time of year. One day I hope to make it back up your way to see the leaves actually change color...rather from green to brown as they do here! :D

    -c

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.