Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, June 11

Butt Dialin' Etiquette

Have you ever butt dialed anyone with your phone because it wasn't in the case or you forgot to lock the screen?? I have - like 15 times since I lost my phone case last week. Not sure if lost is the appropriate word - more like I accidentally threw it away last week when I was cleaning out my car at Panerra Bread because I like to use their garbage can instead of my own. Maybe that was Karma that came and stole my phone case...hmmm.

Anyway, after I butt dialed my husband's voice mail for like 2 minutes and my friend Hannah and whoever else I decided that I needed a new phone case. I had picked up this cute felt purse at AC Moore last fall to make a fancy little sling purse for my niece for Christmas butt never got around to it.... I think it got lost in the pile of other good intentions that I was going to make.

As I was cleaning up from a crafting frenzy this last week or so that Ican'ttellyouaboutuntilmuchlater I found my niece's possible Christmas present and decided it would be perfect for my phone - but it was pretty plain and had a strap long enough so you could sling it around your shoulder or across your chest. I cut the strap off so it would fit in my purse nicely and then got to work on a little design to make it more like something I would want to carry around in public.

I pawed through my stash of stuff and found some little squares of wool felt that the lovely ladies of ArtGirlz gave me eons ago - and an idea finally came together.

I spent about 30 minutes cutting circles from the felt and gluing them to the little case with craft glue to keep them in place and then I spent about 2 hours stitching all of them on.

I am totally loving it, my phone is stylin' now - and no more butt dialing my friends, my husband, the school and whoever else I called over the last week!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. LOL - you crack me up ;) Love this case - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks Great Cathy... Thank you for my little bag.. I'm gonna decorate it and use it to store my needle punch tools in.. They fit perfectly in it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this, looks so bright and cheery and will go with any outfit;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.