Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, April 29

Exciting News to SHARE!!

I confess that I've been keeping a little secret from you all...but today - no more secrets...ha ha ha. Where to begin...well at the beginning I guess. My dear friend Vicki Chrisman instroduced me to Tammy Tutterow last year sometime. If you follow the link to her blog you'll see that she is one crazy talented artist. She designs for Basic Grey (yes....BG the lucky duck) and Pink Paislee. My first business with Tammy was Heart in Hand Scraps. After a while Tammy asked me if I would be interested in contributing art to her new site, Fairy Davis. Fairy Davis is right up my alley as it features individual high res images to purchase for download for a minimal fee. Yes, you can get just ONE image instead of a whole collage sheet. And the price, well it's pretty dang reasonable and the image quality is awesome! This is going to be a very popular place!! This is what Tammy has to say about Fairy Davis:

Fairy Davis (born 1908) was a lovely young woman who lived in the West Frankfort area in southern Illinois. I met Fairy through the pages of her photo albums which I found in a flea market in Springfield, Mo several years ago. I fell in love instantly with the captured moments of her life and that of her family and friends.

In the years that I have owned Fairy's albums I have looked through the pages many times wondering about her life. Though I have found out a little about her through internet genealogy searches, much of her life is a mystery to me.

At FairyDavis and Friends we not only love vintage paper goods and photos, we celebrate them. We find delight and inspiration in them. The items you find in our boutique are high resolution digital copies of images from our own personal collections. Every item is truly a unique treasure that you won't likely find elsewhere.

Fairy's albums and photos have been a true treasure to me and a prized part of my personal vintage photo collection. It is with love for her memory that I offer her photos as well those of others to other papercraft artists so that her beauty may live on through other's art.

I hope you will visit Fairy and download her and her family and friends to use in your vintage art inspired projects! Stay tuned for some some images and projects from me in the near future. AND - the details for the give away of one copy of Art from the Heart will be posted either later today or tomorrow. I PROMISE!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is sooo cool - congratulations !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how neat is this Fairy Davis project. i LOVE it so much. I personally collect vintage photos and always make up little stories about the people but wow so cool that your friend has an album of this gal. SOOOO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cat - that sounds amazing. I already had a little peek and I can see myself shopping with you gals soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Cat! I ran across Fairy Davis a few weeks ago and wondered when you were gonna share the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well well well, it's all clear now. I was wondering about Fairy Davis also. lol What fun! Fantastic news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Cat! Tammy is crazy talented and it's awesome you're working with her because you are in the same crazy talented company! Look forward to seeing your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.