Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, March 25

My River


My River, originally uploaded by CatherineScanlon.

This is what I am dreaming of today...this beautiful river meandering through my neighborhood and through my back yard. When I was in high school I would walk the 1/4 of a mile down the road from my Mother's house and sit on the edge of this bridge, sometimes I think I would sit there for hours - and think. Since this was in the country, it was very peaceful, and the road was {and still is} a quiet country road. A beautiful place. On hot summer days we would jump off the bridge and enjoy the cold water...the fact that it was really muddy never bothered us - AT ALL! Oh to be young and naive again!

I'd try to solve my problems, dream of the future and enjoy the beauty before me. On hot summer nights the neighborhood a group of teenagers {including myself} would walk down to the bridge and stare at the sky, enjoying the stars and the occasional star cruising across the horizon. We'd often play truth or dare, though I always opted for the truth because the dares were to scary for me! . Good times, GOOD times!

Anyway, today the sun was shining - it was a beautiful day. Not warm like the day I took this photo, that's for sure! Yes, there is still a thick layer of ice on the river, the sun - though warm - isn't hot enough to melt it away. Will it ever happen? Seems like not to me right now.

Today, I'm dreaming of my SUMMER river. And, I sure hope it warms up soon!

9 comments:

  1. How lovely it will be when Summer comes once more to your river
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. I wanna come sit with you , by your river!!! we could chat and chat and chat some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful picture cat! I wanna come for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll share some of my sunshine with you if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was young enough to not care, polio was still a danger, and waterholes were places of danger. Nice to know some things have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be there with Vicki too. We could take some scrappy things with us and craft and dream the day away. Pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! lovely tree surroundings too! I can totally appreciate the beauty of a river.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Catherine..very reflective -- like the water. I love being near bodies of water -- like you, it is my place to think, dream and feel at peace. Summer days, long, lazy summer days -- I anticipate them with you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.